Founding Team Member, Developer
Komodo is on a mission to empower investors by facilitating greater access to the $4T municipal bond market. Municipal bonds are the backbone of government finance, used to fund crucial projects for cities, schools, housing, and hospitals. Yet despite their near-zero risk, muni bonds are 14x more expensive to manage than corporate bonds, and small issuers lose $3B per year in issuance fees to legacy bankers and middlemen. Komodo is changing the industry by building a data-driven platform that returns money to the investors and cities who rely on us to streamline the bond issuance process.
Komodo is an early-stage, venture-backed fintech startup working with large asset management firms as our early clients. We have defined and pre-sold our first product offering and are working fast to scale and commercialize it.
As a founding member of the Komodo team, you will own the technical development of our initial product, both through the code that you write and the selection and development of our technical stack. This includes helping define our cloud infrastructure, the programming languages we use, and the workflow for our technical team.
Your first mission will be to architect our application’s data layer, integrating multiple data sources into our application’s engine and building analytics on top. Data accuracy and data transparency are extremely important to our clients. They will be foundational principles in everything that we build.
We are still finding product-market fit. You will need to balance new feature development with scaling and automating our technical systems so that they continue to perform well as we add new clients.
Finally, you will help us build a world-class Engineering team by attracting, interviewing, and onboarding future team members during this exciting time of rapid growth.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, System Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining data pipelines and/or data-driven applications.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Comfort working in fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Experience building and evolving a tech stack. Our current tech stack is Python/Pandas (Data Layer), Python/Flask (Backend), Jinja/Bootstrap/Chart.JS (Frontend), MySQL (Database), AWS.
- Experience as a Founder, Tech Lead, or Dev Manager.
- Experience working at an Enterprise SaaS B2B startup.
- Personal interest in finance and ESG investing.
- Preference for candidates located in the Pittsburgh area. Post-COVID, this position will be in-person with flexibility to work remotely multiple days per week.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Strong professional growth prospects.
- Health Insurance & other benefits.
Ready for your next adventure?
Tell us a little about yourself by sending a resume and a link to personal portfolio, Github, or something you built to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below!
Apply for this job: